Thursday, October 20, 2011

Comme des Garçons x Cambridge Satchels A/W 2011

A/W 2011 Comme des Garçons  x Cambridge Satchels


The A/W 2011 CDG satchels designed by Rei Kawakubo, made by The Cambridge Satchel Company is a stunning collection of seemingly traditional satchel with the Comme des Garcons twist of avant garde design with its monochromatic and metallic colors.


Earlier this year the limited edition satchels for Comme des Garçons were so hard to find. I had to ask about it with The Cambridge Satchel Company that I ended up receiving an email from Julie Deane, one half of the mother - daughter team that owns the company in the UK. Apparently, they are only sold in the Comme des Garcons stores worldwide. The CDG x Cambridge Satchels at Dover Street Market was sold out within a few months. Unfortunately, the S/S 2011Comme des Garçons  x Cambridge Satchels promptly sold out in Comme des Garçons Aoyama. Apparently, they had 5 shipments earlier this year and it was all gone when I visited their store last month. I was worried that the bags would have a different design this season but thankfully they just had new colors out. I hope I can get my hands on this one soon. 


Edit: How soon is that? Just a few minutes after my blog post Chuvaness.com brings the good news that CDG x Cambridge Satchels are here!  "Homme et Femme just got a fresh delivery of Comme des Garçons x Cambridge Satchels at the Shangri-La Plaza."


x


Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment