Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Young Lady's Dream


Once upon a time, when I was still a little girl, I had a grand aunt who worked in a shop. She would sew clothes on the 2nd floor of the shop with her trusted companion, the sewing machine.

When I was a little lady, I cannot help but be curious as to what she was doing. How she operated the old sewing machine and how she made patterns were crafts and skills that had my eyes glued.

Now, as a lady of good age, I dream of having a manual sewing machine just like in the old days. Extremely practical. Powered by the person stepping on the pedal, everything is done by oneself.

I wish I had one. Antique things from a time way back in the past has its noteworthy charm after all.

Image source: http://manualmachine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment